Monday, September 24, 2007

>>SMACK<<

AWW MAAN!

Mitch blasts out of his seat and goes hopping around the room, while I collect another jack, slapped from under his nose yet again. Egyptian Rat Slap (and espresso) have reached the breaking point.. his remaining cards have gone airborne, but it makes no difference: my victory has become inexorable. His eyes are bright, and he can't help smiling at his own defeat... yet again... with three times as many cards dealt to himself as me.

Caleb got spanked too, though we had to split our game up between the Pierson's dining room table, the Hetrick's back patio, their living room, and the back seat of the minivan. He was dead set on beating me this time, and it was definitely a battle. The best part was probably the look on his face when another juicy pile of face cards was slapped.. swaggering bravado if he'd won, or a stunned stare if my hand had come down first.

Rat slap is a great game. It gets you empty of everything else in your mind, just zoned in on the cards.. teetering on the brink of the next one to show its face. It was a fun way to hang out with the Piersons (and it's also a good way to jack yourself up before a long drive).

Mad thanks to the Piersons yet again for letting me hang out. Times there always stand out from the roughage of the week :-)

--Clear Ambassador

2 comments:

Jason said...

Have you ever played that game with DT? The guy has seriously only lost 3 games in the last 5+ years.

Clear Ambassador said...

Whoa dude. Sounds like a challenge! Though I hate losing, so maybe I shouldn't :-P