Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Poems of Advice and Wisdom (i.e. my mind on sleeplessness)

Sleep will cloud my consciousness
Like wine the drunkard's thoughts.
I'll savor late-night memories
Yet wish I had them not.

Feign the man who hateth not
The art his hands and mind hath wrought.
Wouldst have them stand in line to see?
Then you must your own critic be.


Complaining
Woe the man who makes his life
Finding wrong instead of right.
Has the moment shown its cards?
Play them for whate'er they are!


Sad the man who finds too cool
Himself for splashing in a pool.
Hold you tightly to yourself?
Well, you'll be loved by no one else.

Look as children madly run
From one thing to the next begun.
Heedless rushing in to try,
Thoughtless but to ask you why.
Fail it twice but try again..
Separates the boys from men.

--CA

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Another poetic streak?

Clear Ambassador said...

Apparently!

These are embryonic works. Honestly, I shouldn't have burdened any reader of my blog with any of these except the first one. But it was 2am, and maybe I'll work on them, since they're out there, and make them actually say what I want to say in my mind.