Monday, October 22, 2007

Discouraging Poem

I include this poem not because it's how I feel right now, but because it still socks me in my gut with how I felt a week ago. Right now, thanks to a nice talk with Mikey after College Night and a couple days' dose of time, I'm feeling contentedly optimistic. But here's how life seemed not long ago, and how I'm still not convinced it isn't:


Your wings have feathers and here you sit
Watching them folded at your side
You didn't know which way to fly
And so you never tried
You write the songs but never make a sound
You'll spend the rest of your life on the ground



--CA

3 comments:

you guessed it said...

Ya, thats not a very happy poem n'such.
I'm glad this Mikey kid was able to talk to you.

Author at 661 said...

the last line hits home those above it, hard.

Clear Ambassador said...

I'm glad that Mikey kid started calling himself Mikey, 'cause I think it's a great name for him.

inh - Yeah. I don't know what it is about it, but that line gets me every time.