Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday has come and past

NO
MOON

LANDING
PROJECT!!!


Thus begins the week of blogging. Yes, you heard right! I figured, if you looked over my blog, you'd think I've bought in heart and soul to the lie that you work through the week just to live on the weekends. I don't really understand or feel it all right now, but I know that God doesn't call me to live out meaningless drudgery 5 out of every 7 days. So I figured I'd write about what I did each day this week, to give an idea of what real life was like between the crazy weekends :-)

Today was a light day at work. Two thirds of the plant took the day off, so Andrea and I were the only representitives for Responsible Care. Then she went to the Credit Union and I went to the EOC to work on the weather station, so too bad if you wanted a permit signed or a waste manifest :-P I took forever getting all the petty charts and logs organized and interpreted and entered into Excel from the long weekend. Then I focused on developing a procedure for downloading data from the plant's weather station. Got to spend an hour sequestered in the magical mysterious Emergency Operations Center which lies behind locked doors on a deserted second floor. I was an "Authorized Personnel Only" person! :-)

I was going to stay late and make up the last of the hours from taking last Friday off, but then I remembered it was a choice between the two certainties of life tonight: do taxes or die. So I came home at 4:30. Now, I'm really starting to get ticked at the Pirates . . not because they can't win but because their games totally clog up the inbound traffic on my way home. Shoulda been a breeze; instead it was a booger. Ah well. I didn't listen to Bible CD's or music, but instead my mind wandered all over and I kept bringing it back around to praying for people and requests that needed to be addressed. I hate telling someone I'll pray for them and then realizing 2 weeks later I never did. It was sunny but not hot. I took a crazy map-guided route home, popping out by Applebee's so I could cash my check at Shop 'n' Save. Then back home for dinner at 6:15 and realizing I'd forgotten my dentist appointment at 5:45 :-( I suck at life. We talked about plans and Dad had some comments on Sunday, and then I hit the taxes. Filed 'em online with some company--free Fed and $10 state, and not a piece of paper to be touched or mailed. Good deal. I'm amazed again at the amount of money God is letting me earn right now, and at how much of that the government takes away :-P The social security tax is KILLER! What a sick bloated government, yet still it functions, and life goes on better than anywhere else in the world.

Finished taxes at 9:30, sent out an email about working at Iva Mae's Saturday, scanned my web outlets (Facebook, email, statcounter, Flickr), and put in some time checking Pure Boss' email and fiddling with our Myspace. Never again will we miss a gig because nobody checked the email! Ouch ouch ouch.

Now I'm blogging this as quick as I can type and eating Oke Doke and drinking fruit punch juice. Caedmon's call plays in the family room system, Daisy is flopped out in the huggle chair to my left, and everybody else is upstairs in the quiet dark. Now to check out Sarah's Italy pictures, maybe shower, and hit the sack. I'm so sore from volleyball, frisbee and pull-ups it's crazy. My knees are ok, though. Oke Doke is good.

--CA

1 comment:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Wow, that seems rather frazzled at the end there! I bet it was taxes... :-)

So, what is the origin of this NMLP phrase? And the whole PGP thing? Is it just one of those...things...about guys...that I'll never understand?