Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hair Pain (well, roots, but ya know...)

I have discovered a new kind of pain! When one wears a driving cap placed low on their brow and then pulled backwards to a normal orientation, one's hair apparently get's pulled back under said cap. Wearing this cap in such manner all evening leads to hair that grows forward standing straight up on one's head. Touching said hair elucidates an unsettling achy sensation in the poor roots, which have been yanked around like teeth with braces. It's like a surface headache that goes away as soon as you stop touching your hair. Ineffably odd, and something I never would have thought of.

I just hope I don't still have this regiment of hair standing at attention on the back of my head in the morning...

--CA

1 comment:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

oh, yeah, that happens all the time with long hair. I couldn't put my hair in a ponytail for a while after my concussion because the pain was bad. It's a really strange feeling. Skin massages usually help :-)