Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A 10-minute Post

10:07pm

Saturday I slept in and then ate Mom's great pancakes. Then Daniel and I met Justin for a delightful lunch at Taco Bell. We left him there, outside his car, while his keys, his iPod and his dessert resided in his car. Ouch. Then on to Iva Mae's, where we joined Nate, Pierson kids, Shannon, Lisa and eventually Sarah and Thomas in doing work in and around the house. The rain cleared up for us, it was much fun working, I was chipper, dinner afterward was great, and overall it was greatly satisfying, draining, and wheelbarrow-loads of fun. Then Nate and Sarah congregated at our house for practice with Daniel and Lisa and Shannon congregated for hanging out with Mom and me. Stuck around till 1:30, recording stuff for fun downstairs. Highly unusual day, and good.

Sunday Daniel joined Piersons, Calanos and Rutman in voyaging to the Butler church to do the service. He stuck with those folks till like 9:30 at night, joining a frisbee game in the afternoon after they got back. I played acoustic at church, Mom and I got a tasty lunch at Roxy's, and that afternoon I slept. Then in the evening I started devouring "Cash," Johnny Cash's autobiography, and then got absorbed in the Switchfoot website till like 3am or something.

Monday I didn't get up on time, but oh well. This week is my last time to put in overtime, so I plan on doing as much as I can. I worked 2 hours extra Monday, and as I was holed up in the EOC, in a dead silent room fussing with an outdated computer and gangly weather station software, the idea flashed into my mind of popping in on Akron instead of going home. I calculated it in Excel back at my office, and it only costs $15 more than going home. So I called to make sure the Hoffmans would be here, and headed north instead of south on 60. It felt so good to go to Akron--'twas wonderful, and I was treated to a beautiful sunset as I drove west down the nearly empty highway.

Dropped in on the Hoffman's, and Steve "flipped out on the inside." :-) I thought it funny how normal and nonchalant it felt to be in Akron on a random Monday night. 'Tis no joke a second home. Hung out a bit, ate dinner, and then Steve and I went to Brian's to hang out and spend the night. Talked, watched a movie with Nick, and then the Chima boys went to sleep. Steve and I stayed up a couple more hours talking, which was great. Then bed, then eyes popping open at 7:15am to see my cell phone lying flipped open beside my head--the only evidence that the alarm had gone off and my fingers had silenced it. First time I've soundly slept through my blaring cell phone alarm. Bummer.

Today I worked another 3 hours, getting home about 9:15. Showered (yay!), wrote this, and now I'm going to read "Cash" in bed. It's confirmed--I'm working part-time at NOVA over the summer and fall, "As much as I can get you," according to Tom. Yay for paychecks!

10:17pm

--Clear Ambassador

1 comment:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Whoa, that sounds totally random. In the real sense of the word. When's Mike moving out? They might let you rent his room on the weekends :-P