Friday, March 17, 2006

New Song!!

Well, after wishing I could write some more songs, I have written one! And guess where it began? Correct--the bathroom! That plumbed source of all inspiration led me to begin singing whatever came to mind at the end of the workday today, and soon out popped this little jumpy melody and some words. So I spent the drive home composing it and recording little snippets on my cell phone. Here are the words. Think Death Cab meets Coldplay meets Keane, with a dash of the Beatles...

Time after time, time after time looking out the door.
Time after time, time after time what's he waiting for?

But you were always on my side,
I couldn't tame you, I couldn't blame you;
You were always on my side,
I couldn't trace you, I couldn't chase away your plans for me.

Back of my mind, back of my mind it's been pa - id for.
Back in the time, back in the time that he ca - me for,

'Cause you were always on my side,
I couldn't tame you, I couldn't blame you;
You were always on my side,
I couldn't trace you, I couldn't chase away your plans for me.


I've had several thoughts about a bridge or alternate section, but it's already dangerously similar to lots of modern stuff, and those additions would push it over the edge. I'm hoping to soak it with layers of vocal harmonies, of which I've had multitudinous ideas.

Praise God He's on our side! What unmerited mercy!

--Clear Ambassador

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

wow, you find lots of inspiration in that particular room.

is it just me, or do you write a lot of songs about time? As always, I'm anxious to hear this one :-)

Clear Ambassador said...

I guess I do. I dunno. I'm always aware of it, so I guess that comes out.

Sadly, Steve-O said my melody is basically identical to some song on the radio. But I didn't recognize what he sung of it at all, so I might just keep this, I dunno. It really stinks when you come up with something on your own, and then find somebody else already did it.