Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The new dope

I just did purple acid, man.

Who needs marijuana when you have Mountain Dew Pitch Black II? The can is barely emptied, and already lucidity is flooding my mind like a refreshing breeze in a stale room. Hendrix takes on new meaning as he wails through the speaker towers at my sides, and the Discrete Time Fourier Transforms on the page in front of me seem obvious. Yeah man, in the frequency domain, I'm a voodoo chile too . . . .

As I've mentioned before in my modblog, caffeine is a strange thing, and when one uses it only occasionaly, its effect is quite pronounced. In some ways I think it odd that caffeine is so carelessly legal, when from the accounts I've heard of pot use, its effects seem not dissimilar to that of the legally eschewed leaf. Probably because if anybody tried to touch the coffee pot, American business productivity would plummet. The legislators would be too draggy to raise their hands to pass the bill :-P

And speaking of coffee, friends don't let friends do pots. As in drinking whole pots of it. That much caffeine is way bad for you, man.   *shudder*

Peace out

--Extra Clear Ambassador

4 comments:

Bubs said...

That sounds.... dangerous... and fun!!!

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Faugh! Horrible, horrible! I can just imagine one's body decaying from within...and one's mind slipping into that deep chasm called "addiction." It gives me the jibblies. That said, perhaps some weekend (New Attitude comes to mind) when I'd like to stay up ridiculously late regardless of the consequences, I shall try some. Just to see what it's like being high on legal weed.

Clear Ambassador said...

"Faugh!" heheh. I love it.

body decaying from within? Gosh, it's not that bad!

Do you think I'm addicted to caffeine Shannon? Honest question.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Shannon? Who? :-)

I honestly don't think that you, in particular, are addicted to caffeine, John. However, I think that too many people don't realize that it is, in fact, not healthy when consumed in large quantities. This can be said of any beverage. I'm just really sensitive to caffeine, so I pick on caffeinated beverages like some pick on alcohol.