Monday, June 26, 2006

What do I do?

I was gone from home for twelve hours today. As I glanced at the clock and realized this while unpacking my stuff just now I thought, "where was I?" "What was I doing?" "This was a day of my life, a day like many, and it's mostly gone. Where did it go?" So, here's where it went:

I drove to Pitt at 8:45am, getting to class 10 minutes late. I slept through appreciable portions of the 30-minute short class, borne down under the unexpectedly strong post-Youth Camp tiredness. Jenna and I knocked out two problems of homework #6 before her class at 11, and then I went back to the car to refill the meter. Ditched my backpack, jogged to the Peterson, and worked out while listening to the first sermon in the series "Man with a Maiden," from Covenant Life Church.

After working out I had a little time left on my meter and a lot of hunger for meaty food, so I got cash, got a gyro, and got a 44-oz Mountain Dew with shots of Blue Raspberry flavoring. So good! Then the drive to NOVA, waiting for an alarm to clear so I could get in, and then 4 hours of work finishing up the SARA 313 report that's due July 1st. It's finished.

I debated it and almost just went home, but time with Jonathan is hard to come by, so I drove to the House of Hughes (which only took 40 minutes!) and had pizza and Sam Adams with Nate, Ryan and Jonathan. We had good times joking around, listening to "Hot Fuss" by The Killers, and jamming with 3 guitars while Ryan studied. I left after a good string of improv at 8:45pm.

Now it's 9:30, I'm writing this after checking my email and MySpace, the iPod is updated, it's too hot to wear a shirt 'cause we turned the AC off, and now is the time to finish up my evening, decide if I want to finish the U2 DVD before my quiet time (or after), and not stay up excessively late.

We're all sitting around the living room. Daniel's feet are in my face as he rests them on one of the little tables and sits on the big couch opposite me. I'm hunched over my laptop, which is on the other little table. Mom has been sitting in the huggle chair by the computer and Dad just moved from that computer to the other huggle chair. A fly is buzzing around periodically, the kitchen fan is sending spinning shadows across the ceiling, and I feel like every inch of my skin has an indelible layer of heat and sweat swimming over it. Oh for some moving air to disturb this humidity! We're a family. It's cool to be together on nights like this when it's not FAMILY NIGHT, it's just night, and we're a family, all in the house at the same time, in the same room. I want a haircut again.

--Clear Ambassador

1 comment:

Bubs said...

rock on!
I shoulda kicked back at the H's but I had something to take care of...

Great blog post! Not too long and great content!