Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stuff About Me

This is my 101st blog post! That seems like a lot.

Stuff about me that will hopefully represent some corners of myself at this time for my future self and all of posterity who will be clambering to know about me:

Phrase I came up with about myself and used a few times and now am purposefully not using so as to not overuse it: social sensibilities

Current most over-used, banal phrase: good times

Thing I should be doing: eating appreciable breakfasts

Thing I really should be doing: working out

Thing I really really should be doing: having devotions every day

Current weight: 143.2 lbs. Down 2 pounds from before Youth Camp

Current injuries/bodily nonidealities:
- worn away middle finger nail on my left hand, from playing guitar. The skin under the nail is torn from playing so hard, too.
- double-split thumbnail on my left hand, from blocking a frisbee throw today
- messed-up tendon inside my left knee from something today, perhaps an unexpected skid on the wet frisbee field or standing with it locked for too long sometime
- Believe it or not, clearly visible marks on my left leg, one from the ice skates on New Year's Eve, and one all the way from my collossal shin smash into the Hoffman's backyard stage in September of last year. Geez. Can my body heal itself?
- zits on my back
- Skinniness (Is he joking? Is he not?)

Song running through my head at this moment: bass line from "Playboy Mansion" from U2's album Pop. Interspersed with "But if god will send his angels" from the song by that name.

Currently anticipating: Being involved with the youth at PChOP

Currently enjoying memories of: Leading worship at church this morning and adding to the post youth camp discussion after frisbee this afternoon.

Way I've changed within the last year: I've become much more flippant and [over]familiar in my writing and in talking with people

Most recent purchase: Subwoofer and amp for my car for $150 from a garage sale (mediated by Steve in Akron)

Profound thought: real life sucks. I'm not cut out for it.

Current flippant wish: That I didn't have to go to school or work tomorrow

Current deeper wish: That I wasn't the kind of man who wished he didn't have to go to school or work tomorrow

Current most not-looked-forward-to item: Working on the design project for Reactive Process Engineering

To-do this week: Learn the material for the RPE test Friday and have quiet times

Time to stop writing and go to bed: now

Ah, how I love thinking about myself, analyzing my performance, potential, motives and place in my surroundings, and likewise analyzing others around me. I reckon I look pretty self-involved, or full of myself, to others. Hm. I dislike people like that who I know (I can think of two right now). So do people dislike me like that? If not, how undeservedly kind of them! I would hate myself if I could duplicate myself and have the other one of me not be me.

Mr. Pierson is the coolest pastor and guy ever.

I'm totally clean and perfect before God right now.

--Clear Ambassador

4 comments:

Bubs said...

Dude, I'm so totally there about Mike Pierson. He rocks!

Hmm, that back thing has bothered me at times also. Harder to reach/see?

Current Activity: Nothing, since I didn't have to go to school or work today...

Jason said...

RE your flippant and deeper wishes: I can totally relate

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

So, my first thought when I read "I reckon I look pretty self-involved, or full of myself, to others. Hm. I dislike people like that who I know (I can think of two right now)" was, "am I one?" And then I thought about it...and yeah, it made sense that I'd worry about your opinion of me if I were full of myself.

Worship was great, man. Don't worry, it wasn't you...it was God.

Clear Ambassador said...

@Laedelas
How presumptious of you to think you would be on such an exclusive list! Hm. So maybe you should be on it... But you're not.