Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Prayer Request

OK, so, I'ma gonna set the stage for a nice before and after picture of Youth Camp. Below I have pasted the contents of an email I sent to my men's group from church asking for prayer for YC. I've been feeling quite desperately inable to carry myself in a Christ-like mannar at YC, and this represents my concerns. In 5 days we'll see what God has done!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys!

I'd like to ask for your prayers for myself for Youth Camp. I always deal with trying to impress everybody, being self-centered, and getting caught up in hanging out and forgetting to be purposeful and godly in what I do and say, and YC threatens to take that propensity to cataclysmic heights (or depths). I've been praying a lot and feeling my vulnerability and weakness in that area.
In particular, I'm feeling sharply the need to reach out to new people, people I don't know well and may not even like much. I would much appreciate your prayers for God to supernaturally help me keep that in mind in the whirl of youth camp--something I have no capacity to do myself. My other main prayer has been for God to kill my pride. Not just *not indulge it* or *help me be whatever*, but to just KILL it and glorify Himself, whatever that may look like. Especially as I'll be the only non-LOLC'er on the worship team, playing electric guitar no less. Arg, I tremble for my stupid ego.

Thanks! I feel weak, but I know God can do great things ('cause He has in the past), and I'm always confident He has no problem glorifying Himself and getting me out of the picture :-)

Hope y'all have a good time being at not Youth Camp!

--JPB

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm also feeling the need for God's help as I prepare to lead corporate worship for the first time ever at PChOP this Sunday, a few hours after returning from YC. So, we'll see what He does there, too!

It's nice to know I can throw all this stuff into God's hands and not worry that it will turn out bad. In fact, it's like going grocery shopping with Grandparents--you get cooler stuff than you expect, and they're not on a budget :-)

Peace in the East, love from above, and sleep in the deep,

--Clear Ambassador
(actually, I need to get pinstripes for my toms)

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Hehe...I kinda prayed for you about this (you know, those random 30-second prayers that happened whenever I saw/thought about you)...but God pretty much showed ME that I was sinning this way! I hope God still helped you with it...I just found out about it :-P

Bubs said...

Rock on dude. Thanks for being open to the world!

Ps. More than half of your men's group was at YC!