Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A weekend unlike any other...

Leading Sunday morning worship for the first time ever.

Watching Zoolander for the first time ever.

Jamming with Jonathan BEFORE noon on Saturday. (yes, that does indeed entail being up prior to 12pm on a Saturday!)

Long practice/jam with Daniel and Justin Saturday night.

Soup and sandwich lunch buffet Sunday. Beats a potluck, dude! Plus, they chilled their 2-liter bottles of pop!! Quality people, I tell you what :-)

Taco Bell with Daniel and Justin . . . and KEN! on Saturday afternoon.

Waking up at 7 on Sunday morning and riding in the minivan one and a half hours wedged in the back seat with Daniel and Justin, while Joel and Cindy sat in the middle row and Mom and Dad talked from up front.

Sleeping on the floor in the basement as a tribute to Friday Nights of the past (except it was Saturday night, but whatever).

Talking on said basement floor with the Harvster and Ice Man till like 2:40am.

Hot sausage chili soup. Oohhhhh baby :-)

Scraping ice off the Rishel's car as Joel tried to whisk it off with his bare hands: "Joel, the use of tools is what separates us from the animals!"

Entering in to White Stone Christian Fellowship's body of fellow believers for a day. They may be hoping to become a Sovereign Grace Ministries church, but as far as I'm concerned, they already are!

Rice Corn and Cheese Casserole Saturday night. Handmade. By me. Brought back a flood of memories from Friday Nights with Ken and Daniel in the past. Plus it tasted real good :-)

Singing into the microphone Sunday morning and hearing my voice fill the comfortable little sanctuary from the crisp speakers.

Hearing what Jonathan played on electric guitar while we jammed Saturday.

"You can read minds???!"

Spicy chicken for the price of beef, baby! All ya gotta do is ask!

Watchin' sports with Ken Friday night. (Although I've been sorely realizing my distance from the youth group, where Mom Dad and Ice were that night, and wishing I could be a part of it again.)

Pretty much the taste of the weekend that lingers in my mind's mouth after time has drained the fleeting sip of the present is spending all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday with either Jonathan or Justin. They are two of the best guys I've ever known, and it was sweet to have plentiful time to talk, chill and jam. And Ice Man, too. He's pretty much the coolest guy ever. Pun unintentionally intended. And Ken even got in on some of the action! A weekend to look back on and remember for a nice long time.

--Clear Ambassador

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

ooh, the Butler church! Sweet deal! No fair not letting anyone else know!!! :-) Sounds like fun, but I always have questions :-D

Why the new nickname? Why did THEY get to have you as their worship leader first? *pouts again, then smiles in laughter* Who reads minds? Can I come? Will we be having church picnics with these chillers of 2-liters anytime this summer? Hey! Let's go camping with them!! (it's late...and I have a stupid history paper to write that just won't write itself this time, sorry)

Clear Ambassador said...

Wow. I post a new entry at 11 o'clock at night...and there's a comment on it the next morning! Can you say "insomniac"?? :-P

In answer, in order:
- because he's the Ice Man
- PChOP just isn't ready for my brand of fresh-faced American rock 'n' roll.
- WOW did you ever reveal your ignorance of Zoolander there! I'm laughing hysterically :-D
- Come where?
- I hope so. You should suggest it to Joel!

Hope your history paper went well. Elves have a LOT of history to write about :-) Plus, you've been alive for most of it! Lucky immortals, GOSH.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

HA! You'd probably like to think I'm an insomniac, WOULDN'T you!?! Actually, I misjudged my schedule, and found out that (in addition to the history paper) something's due this Thursday that I thought was for next Thursday. Oopsie. Ergo, I stay up late and eat lots and generally get really stressed.

You're right...actually, it's become a joke on the sound team that Chuck's getting old...he used to say, "if it's too loud, you're too old." Now he's concerned about the dB level & the sweet guitar riffs that you churn out when you're playing.

I wanna come visit the Church of 2-Liter Chillers!! That's where I want to go! The grey havens would be nice, too...