Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Little Highlights

Some little highlights from my day at NOVA:

- The Good & Plenty's I snacked on all morning.
- Combining the warmed-up turkey and cheese with the two pieces of toasted bread for a delicious lunch.
- "FIIIRE!!" blasting through my speakers, sending me skittering to the volume knob, as Petra came on after a hushed song from Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble. All-library shuffle is awesome!
- Realizing that "Prec." stands for "Precipitators," meaning the second sump source on drawing AK-7771 is "Precipitator blowdown header at filter plant"--something that makes sense!
- Hearing music from Star Wars Episode I, which took me back the computer game of our childhood, "The Phantom Menace." Good memories, great music!
- Twice solving problems and giving firm answers to people by doing nifty searches through the complex waste shipments database. It's cool to feel useful, and to know how to do stuff other people don't. Mebbe I'm actually earning my pay! :-P
- Going to a site-wide meeting to hear a report on 2005 and our objectives for 2006. Lots of free food, and it knocked 2.5 hours out of the day.

The lowlight was driving home through the amazing downpour of rain, then clumpy snow/rain (snain??), then snow, then rain, then ice, and then more rain. My fervent prayers for protection were clearly answered, and I am at home now alive, and better yet, with no accidents.

$55 at Lawrence Music for a new saddle (synthetic ivory insteady of crappy plastic), new strings, and a set-up (adjusting the action and intonation) for my second acoustic (the plug-in one). It sounds much better now, mostly 'cause of the new heavy-gauge strings. Another half-a-hundred down the music drain...

I was in Indiana, PA this past weekend visiting David Altrogge. Trip report to come soon. It was a GREAT trip. God's people are matchless!

--Clear Ambassador

1 comment:

Bubs said...

I enoyed driving in the snow that day!
Being a database dude when otheres don't know how to do it is sweet.
Just don't go messing into any HR tables....