Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Made For

"Well Greg, I can honestly say that a couple hours with your family is enough to make me feel at peace with my 'life direction' of heading towards getting married and having a family," I said with a smile.
It was true!
Life exudes from every pore of the Calvetti house. LIFE! From every marker on the school room table, from every crowded cabinet, from the drums by the piano and the little voices singing along to the songs I played.

"The guys at work were talking about how much money kids cost, and I certainly enjoy being able to save and buy stuff right now.. but what is a microphone, compared to Timothy? It's ridiculous to even make that comparison."
Yes, it's not all fun and games, and not always peaceful, but the energy and reality and life pouring out of those kids, from Benjamin and Timothy bounding around the floor to Sarah bundling up to go babysit Andrew and Peggy's girl... that trumps delay pedals and meals out at Ethiopian restaurants and me sitting here staying up late because the only one who will be affected is myself.

Like Dad says, it's what we men were made for.

--Clear Ambassador

No comments: