Saturday, June 09, 2007

Life is Good

I could hardly be happier right now without being just directly drenched by the Holy Spirit's love.
Sitting here.. sunny and cool outside... iPod on shuffle pumping through the house speakers.. a virgin Pure Boss at my side, Cheez-Its, youth camp stuff rolling along...

Is this happiness apart from God Himself? Or is it a legitimate enjoyment of Him? I think it's the second.. though I'm not sure how much of this kind of happiness lasts when things get harder. But for now, right now, life is really really good.

[I'm at the Hoffmans in Akron. I'll go see the big annual dance show this evening. For now I'm sitting in the main area at the table working on the lappy. Nobody's around, the dogs are sleeping peacefully, the sunny trampoline awaits my next break-for-mental-health, usefulness exudes from my work on Youth Camp matters, Cheddar Jack Cheez-Its ooze flavor from their crispy goodness, Dr.Pepper and Live Wire Mountain Dew combine in a marraige of matchless flavor in the Chick-Fil-A cup (one of the best pop cups ever made, btw), and the music. Oh the music! Even from down in the den, Mr. Hoffman's subwoofer kicks; and all-library shuffle... it makes all music new. Leadbelly? Frank Zappa? Random Beck song I never gave a sneeze about before? U2 songs as old as my love for music? Every one is a jewel of delight. Can it be ok to be on top of the world like this? I don't know, but I think it's right to look up. Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from above, from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Thank You, Lord, for this drop of Your kindness. May I remember it and love You when I don't feel as directly _happy_.]

--Clear Ambassador

No comments: