Sunday, May 20, 2007

Some Days in May

Here are some pics from my camera phone, taken during a spurt of wanting to document life.


The first robin to hatch in the nest right outside our door.
Poor Mom robin!
Every time we walk out the front door she goes flying frantically out of the bush :-/
Guess she'll get pretty rip wing muscles...
Daisy laying on Dad's lap while he played a game of Mississippi Marbles (aka Greedy) with Grandma while she was here.
She came up April 27th and left May 16th.
Lots of puzzles, games and ice-cream at Handel's.
She appreciates and enjoys food in a way I deeply respect, especially for a person her age. She is a model of choosing to be content and happy in life.
Mom opening her Mother's Day present from me. Yes, after basically missing last year's M Day and birthday, I put together this lovely box for her. Empty box :-)
BUT, inside was a sign saying "To be filled with produce from Stan's," and a card with a picture of an empty stomach promising to fill it with lunch at the Strip District. We used to go there back in the golden days (i.e. this spring), so it was fun to go again, though it was a Saturday morning, not a Monday like before.
Tonight, around 9 of the clock (i.e. o'clock). Grandma Kari and Grandpa Ken are here for a few days, and this is a typical evening position: watching a baseball game, with the dogs laying around and Grandpa and Daniel talking back and forth about sports things I have no capacity for remembering or regurgitating. They both have amazing minds for remembering details.



Care Group!!
I thought Dad and Dave looked pretty funny there, in an unwitting way :-)
It was a good care group. Dad wrapped up a lively discussion with some of the best words of summary, application, exhortation and love that I've ever heard from him. Good job, Dad!
A general shot of care group. It was Sanda's last meeting, and she shared some of what God's been revealing (and revolutionizing) in her through the back injury she's been dealing with. It was cool to hear how God's truth touched ground in her fine academic mind. I was really encouraged, as well, to see how she's grown since coming here - from being rather shy to joking and laughing and just radiating the joy of Christ.
Mr. Pierson's desk.
Where I worked on Youth Camp stuff all evening.
Lucky Charms.
Left over from Fuse Fun Night.
Which was a long time ago.
Glommy marshmallows = not so hot, but I'll still pick them out and eat 'em.

Happiness is . . .
:-)
Except this was at Arby's, not Taco Bell >:-(
While we're on the subject of food...
I knew there were lots of kinds of olives, just like there are many types of coffee, but somehow it just isn't real till you see a spread like this.
This was at Stamooli's, at the Strip.
Way cool place.
I got lots of odd stuff like Ouzo hard candy and half a candied citron.



The menu board at Fortunes, a sweet coffee place in the Strip District.
I got Mom a fruit smoothie, and I had an iced cappuccino (very very good).
They carry a marvelously-large selection of "Oral Fixation" mints. Mimosa, Jasmine, Green Tea . . . what joy it brings to this mint collector's heart!
Pirates Game!
Grandpa took Daniel, Dad and me to the ball game after church today.
I think Daniel knew I was taking the pic, and responded accordingly, but Grandpa was just kinda sitting there :-P

Want some popcorn?

Dad and his middle progeny.
Gotta love his expression :-)
Sorta like, "What on earth is this I have raised?"




2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Wait, that thing on your face is back? (I don't know what to call it...not quite a beard, not quite a soul patch...) Why didn't I notice? Man, I've been gone too long!

Bubs said...

I felt bad because this link said "1 comments".
Now it is correct.

I missed care group... :(

I was at the game! Did ya take any pics of my group?

Good job on the Mother's day gift!