Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Aaaaaand, God comes through!

Yep yep. Unlike the Pirates in yesterday's home opener, God pulled through tonight.

I went up to Grove City to bring Daniel back after break and lead worship for the grover care group, but I ended up going from worship leader to leader when Joel called and said he couldn't make it. Unfortunately, I had no inspiration whatsoever as I tried to plan some worship songs and prayer/discussion topics in the afternoon. My spiritual EKG was flatlined, and I was rather worried for the meeting. But I prayed for what I knew God would do--bless His children with what He knows they need--and walked on, pulling songs out, reading some verses, calling Joel, and pondering. I prayed a lot that He would meet us and minister Christ to us, whether or not there were emotions or particularly awesome experiences.

What I want to say here is that God answered those prayers. And I was really banking on that, 'cause I came into the meeting with nothing but 8 scattered songs, some verses from John 17 that have been meaningful in the past, and a lot of somewhat confused prayer.

As we went through some songs, I felt and saw God direct the meeting--having people go around and thank God after the first song, looking over the songs and seeing which one to do next, etc. And by His kindness, I really did start to get stirred up afresh at what God has done for us and how great and greatly-to-be-praised He is. We ended up having a great time sharing what was going in our lives, praying for each other, and singing God's praises. God even gave us some "frosting," like having conversation flow pretty comfortably--not necessary, but very nice.

So... God really did it! I put my foot out into darkness, and found ground under it. I suppose I find this particularly noteworthy because it all happened in the space of a few hours, and it was crystal clear that I had nothing, and God answered my prayers.

Um, this probably shouldn't be such a big deal to me, but I think it's really really cool, and I hope you're encouraged to walk where God shows you to, and to pray in faith, really trusting for what the Bible clearly says He will do.
Guess what?

He'll do it. Whoa! :-P

--Clear Ambassador

4 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I would call this a big deal!

"Some may trust in [flashy presentations] and some in [good music], but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." (I took some liberties with Psalm 20:7)

So many verses talk about trusting in God and seeing results. Like, "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act." (Psalm 37:5) Grab a concordance and read the verses about "trust" and see how they compare to what you described. SOsweet.

You know what else I thought was sweet? You recognized that the GCC caregroup was dependent solely on God, and not on what you did or could do.

God is the MAN, and then some :-P

Author at 661 said...

Some of the best times in my Christian walk thus far have been when I was completely blind ['in the dark' as to what to do] and speechless.

& ya know what?! God answered the prayers in those moments above and beyond so much that is makes me marvel. He's so good at making me do that. It blows me away at how simple my prayers were & the level of trust I had in those moments. the word 'full' comes to mind.

When we are weak, He is strong. & when I think about it, I think all the more that I like it better that way...

awesome uh, application/use of Psalm 20 LG ;-) I like that.

oh, & I second the motion--it's a big deal & well worth a blog post =P

Clear Ambassador said...

Amen! Thanks for reading, and for living this out!

Marvel is a great word. One I hadn't thought of yet in conjunction with this.

Psalm 20 is great.

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

Way cool.