Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Monday

I don't have time to do this, but this is the last week of this Pitt season of my life, and I don't want to forget it like I've forgotten the last week, nay month, of my home school season.

So... TODAY:

"Class" with Dr. Enick at Starbucks at 9. His treat, and we just conversed.

Process, high on caffeine and understanding discrete step response modeling.

Heath & Safety / Ethics - last class. Watched the 60 Minutes bit on the BP Texas City refinery explosion, did the evaluation.

Drove home 'cause I didn't have my lab report sections on the USB stick or emailed. Mom was leaving to take Daisy for her checkup as I arrived. Veggie soup.

Back to Pitt, waited and waited for a spot on Atwood, ended up down by Bellfield, but set for the rest of the day. COLD walk. 20's.

7 hours of Process Control homework. 5 continuous hours spent in one chair, getting up exactly 4 times to get my printed stuff 10 feet away. Brain so active I didn't eat, drink, or even listen to music part of the time. Writing code. Busting head. Got it working.

Nice break down in B72 sharing Phae's pomegranite and putting up Christmas lights.

Final 3 hours of process control, doing the Simplex algorithm for linear optimization with multiple constraints. Got my answers to agree with Matlab, hallelujah!

Fuel and Fuddle. 2 Jameson's and a flying buffalo provided some nice relaxation and needed nutrition. Read "God Is The Gospel," talked to Willis and Janie while they waited for a table. Christmas lights were the best idea I've had in the last 4 years.

Jenna gave me a snowflake with designs like hearts and biker club symbols. I played with the order of songs for my album.

Cold walk to car.

Listened to my own stuff on the way home.

Came up with and recorded a 1 minute acoustic song. Indirect fruit of listening to Vince Guaraldi 5 times today.

Titled it "Fuddle."

Here it is. To be listened to whilst looking at black and white photographs.

Good night.

Pitt is good, but somehow I have no thought of missing it when I'm done. I have no feelings about my graduation at all, strangely enough. Right now I'm just starting to feel Christmassy, and that's sublime.

--Clear Ambassador

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

You like pomegranates? Sweet.

Yay for Christmas. Things probably feel differently than they would if you were graduating in the Spring, because 1/4 of campus is graduating then and there's a lot more hoopla etc.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm withya on the "Pitt is good, but somehow I have no thought of missing it when I'm done. I have no feelings about my graduation at all, strangely enough. Right now I'm just starting to feel Christmassy, and that's sublime."
dealo.

Sorry I didn't check your blog or song before today, whoo for the last weekend before, umm, freedom?