Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Look from the Helm

Here are two little snippets that give an idea of where I'm at in the grand scheme of life right now, and what kind of thoughs are pinging through my brain. The first is from a note Grandpa Ken wrote me for our celebration of my graduation. I include it because these sentences struck me like a bell, tolling the weight of the coming days and weeks (e.g. tomorrow).
----------------------------

. . .
Your future now stands before
you. Choose your path wisely.
Love,
Grandpa Ken

----------------------------
The second is my articulate response to the question, "What's the difference between a boy and a man?"
----------------------------

Boys are in training to bear responsibility. Men bear it.
Boys ride home in the car. Men drive the car, maintain it, and they bought it three years ago with five thousand dollars of their own money.
Boys do chores for a few minutes each day. Men do chores 8 hours a day.
Boys are blown around with every feeling and happening. Men have seen more of how the world works, and they ride the waves.
Boys have devotions because Mom and Dad say they should.
Young men have devotions becaue their spiritual lives depend on it.
Men have devotions because their wife and kids' spiritual lives depend on it.

Boys do what they want with their time. Men have no time

----------------------------
A time like this usually comes only once in a human's lifetime, if he's even fortunate enough to have a choice of his path. If I didn't believe in the God of the Bible, and if I didn't have my family to live Him out in front of me, I would be nervous and anxious beyond words. As it is, I know I can't fail, because He stands with me and His purposes will never fail. To say that's my only hope is to hang a bridge of truth upon a hair-thin cliche.

Temperate-lengthed post! Duuuuude.

--Clear Ambassador

2 comments:

Bubs said...

You are pullin the facebook/blog duplicates again! (well only kinda!)

I wish I had no time...

everytime I see "Duuuuude" I think of Kayte's unnatural acting during that one church play that you two were in... :)

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Your faith in God's promises are refreshing! When do you know about the job?