Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Twosdeh

I thought I'd write a bit about this week so my next post isn't another behemoth. However, if you're like me, you'll look down, see a couple paragraphs, and be disappointed. I almost always like reading long blog posts, especially when they're about SOMEBODY, not some external issue. Which is why I allow such massive posts in my blog.. I guess you could call it doing unto others as you'd like done to yourself?

Today was strange. I keep being unwilling to accept that I have to get up early again tomorrow. What is normally my 9 o'clock sleep-in Tuesday was instead a get-up-at-6:40-go-to-work day. Two aspects of this were good, though: I woke up on the patio with Daisy radiating warmness down under the blankets, and in the time I would have been sleeping or working on a beer pasteurizer transfer function model I made $60 and got a bunch of new assignments from my boss Tom.

..It was in the 50's last night, which is why I slept outside. I didn't collapse in a drunken stupor or anything that :-P

Symphony was good, but I found out I missed one point on my midterm. :-P I listened to Beethoven's 5th all day in the car, and I pretty much love it right now as much as I loved Death Cab for Cutie earlier this year. Which is a LOT.

I had two cans of Dr.Pepper today, but they didn't make me happy. The second one was while working on the Process Control project down in B72. We've been assigned the filter and pasteurizer in a beer microbrewing process, and I banged my head against the problem for an hour or two with paltry results. A cheesy Aspen simulation, some basic assumptions and variable specifications, and a lot of gaping questions.
Then I turned to Process Control, wherein the rest of the afternoon evaporated. It was 8 o'clock by the time I printed off the last plot (showing the instability resultant from a difference between the process model and the control model used to create the proportional controller that stabilized the open-loop-unstable system). I enjoyed once again the fact that it was mild outside as I pushed out the door by the basement loading docks of Benedum, but in general I was in a strangely pissed mood. I HATE that word, but it's honestly how I felt, and I hated how I felt, so it conveys the point well. Don't really know why I was in that mood, but like usual, it passed soon, and now I sit on the couch with shorter hair, no beard, tired muscles, a mostly-eaten plate of food at my left hand, PFR playing at my right hand, and another blog post almost finished. Jonathan's out playing basketball, Mom and dad are long asleep, Daniel's off in Grove City, probably asleep 'cause he's a good boy, Ken is in New Jersey doing who knows what, Grandma and Grandpa are plugging along in Chicago, doing well last I heard, Grandma Sweetie's down in Texas carrying on like the astounding trooper she is, Uncle Keith is in crazy crowded Orlando with his Mustang, his (relatively) new girlfriend, his strange half-dying job and his sweet sweet gadgets, and...

Daisy is curled into a tight ball up against a fleece blanket in the crook of the huggle chair.


Here's the view to my right,















And here I am!













Something I see a zillion times a day. Set to play from my laptop. Everly Brothers, which I'm randomly loving at the moment.















And here's Daisy again! Don't you wish you could just flop down in the blanket with her? Aye, that'd be the life, for a day or two at least.


















Have a peaceful night!

--Clear Ambassador

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I did not know that a beagle could curl up so tightly :-)

Bubs said...

Yup, your dog is awesome!
I'm prayin for your meetin ...

Peace out bro