Sunday, May 21, 2006

This weekend, in no particular order,

I got a haircut and shaved my beard.

I watched 4 episodes of Lost and became engaged.

I watched Mission: Impossible III at the Waterfront with Ice Man and UK.

I played drums at church.

I ate Lebanese food for lunch today.

I composed and recorded another song.

I continued to support the Kleenex industry.

I kicked around in the Wal-Mart parking lot with my brother and two girls at midnight.

I saw pictures of a blimp hanger on fire.

I had an intense passionfruit-flavored energy drink.

I ran sound for a wedding (I seriously forgot about the whole wedding until just now!).

I discovered that the Hank Williams song "Honky Tonkin'" has only one chord, E, except for one beat of a B7 at the end of the chorus.

I saw a Cubs catcher sock a player right in the head.

I coordinated teardown for the second week.

I don't know when I'm going to do my homework for Tuesday :-(

Because we're doing Daniel's homeschool graduation shindig tomorrow night.

I wrote a lot about myself here :-/

It finally got sunny today after about 10 days of cloudy rain, but it's still in the fifties! Strange. Weather this year has been unorthodox.

The sermon was about fellowship being, in many respects, the lifeblood af a Christian life. I want to be more purposeful and others-serving when I'm with church folks.

Several times this weekend I felt like the outside loser grasping at crumbs of common ground with the cool people and milking them too much.

I sang "Before the Throne of God Above" in the shower and it was great, and I'd like it to be my theme this week 'cause it proclaims and gazes at the glory of Jesus Christ with soul-stirring brilliance.

--Clear Ambassador

4 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

You're engaged??? Wow! To whom? Oh...a TV show. Yeah, I'd get interested in that if I ever turned on the TV. I hope your health is restored...and Dan's health, as well.

So cool that your uncle got to hang out for a bit. I didn't meet him, but it was cool to see him at church! Did he have an opinion of Sunday's service?

Bubs said...

I was reading along and saw "and became engaged." and was like what?@?@?@

No word thingy to make fun of... :(

Anonymous said...

Do not watch Lost. Only pain awaits.

-Ken

Clear Ambassador said...

I agree, brother.

But hey--at least we know the physical cause of the plane crash. And we know, .... ...... um ... HAH, their beards ARE fake!

:-)